Abduction case: HC grants bail to Sasikala`s relative
Chennai: Madras High court on Monday granted bail to V Divakaran, a relative of Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in an abduction and criminal intimidation case.
Granting the conditional bail, Justice M M Sundresh
said custodial interrogation of Divakaran, who had already
been in jail for 48 days, had been completed. Besides,
co-accused in the case had been released either on bail or
The Judge directed Divakaran to record his presence
daily before the investigating officer for four weeks.
According to Thiruthuraipoondi police, Divakaran and
his men abducted one Saravanan and obtained Rs one lakh from
him under coercion on September 9, 2011.Saravanan, however,
lodged the complaint only on February 8, 2012.
Divakaran denied the allegations and said the case had
been foisted on him with ulterior motives.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorists gun down policeman in Kashmir's Pulwama district
- BJP to hold meet with CMs' of party-ruled states, PM Modi to address concluding session
- JD(U) backs Mamata Banerjee, says resistance against Centre is growing
- Three low-intensity earthquakes hit Himachal Pradesh, no casualties
- SL vs AUS: How Graeme Smith and Dale Steyn ridiculed Steve Smith for heading home