Abduction case: HC grants bail to Sasikala`s relative
Chennai: Madras High court on Monday granted bail to V Divakaran, a relative of Sasikala Natarajan, estranged aide of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa, in an abduction and criminal intimidation case.
Granting the conditional bail, Justice M M Sundresh
said custodial interrogation of Divakaran, who had already
been in jail for 48 days, had been completed. Besides,
co-accused in the case had been released either on bail or
The Judge directed Divakaran to record his presence
daily before the investigating officer for four weeks.
According to Thiruthuraipoondi police, Divakaran and
his men abducted one Saravanan and obtained Rs one lakh from
him under coercion on September 9, 2011.Saravanan, however,
lodged the complaint only on February 8, 2012.
Divakaran denied the allegations and said the case had
been foisted on him with ulterior motives.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory