Abolish paid darshan in temples: Hindu Munnani to govt
Rameswaram: Hindu Munnani on Wednesday demanded abolition of all paid `darshans` in Hindu temples in Tamil Nadu and warned of a `dharma yudh` (war for justice) to press for it.
Speaking to reporters after an indoor meeting of Hindu Munnani cadres from 12 states, the outfit leader Ramagopalan said he would mobilise the people for the Dharma Yudh if the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowment department administering the temples did not abolish the darshan fees.
He said there was no darshan tickets to pray in mosque or church and wondered why should Hindu temples alone collect money.
He said these temples had a lot of property and would get adequate income if the Government recovered their properties encroached by individuals and leased them on annual basis.
He said corruption had become rampant in temples and demanded that the government crack down on erring Executive Officers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says