Accidents increasing in Erode district
Erode (TN): A total of 692 persons were killed
in 547 accidents in the district in 2011, police said.
This is higher than 2010, as there were 525 accidental
deaths, S. Paneerselvam, Superintendent of Police in Erode
district, said, attributing it to rash driving and driving
after consuming liquor.
Police officials said Rs 40 lakh has been sanctioned to
Erode district for erecting signals, barricades, speed
governors, among others.
Collector V.K. Shanmugam had inaugurated the Road Safety
Awareness week on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!