Accidents increasing in Erode district
Erode (TN): A total of 692 persons were killed
in 547 accidents in the district in 2011, police said.
This is higher than 2010, as there were 525 accidental
deaths, S. Paneerselvam, Superintendent of Police in Erode
district, said, attributing it to rash driving and driving
after consuming liquor.
Police officials said Rs 40 lakh has been sanctioned to
Erode district for erecting signals, barricades, speed
governors, among others.
Collector V.K. Shanmugam had inaugurated the Road Safety
Awareness week on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'