Accidents increasing in Erode district
Erode (TN): A total of 692 persons were killed
in 547 accidents in the district in 2011, police said.
This is higher than 2010, as there were 525 accidental
deaths, S. Paneerselvam, Superintendent of Police in Erode
district, said, attributing it to rash driving and driving
after consuming liquor.
Police officials said Rs 40 lakh has been sanctioned to
Erode district for erecting signals, barricades, speed
governors, among others.
Collector V.K. Shanmugam had inaugurated the Road Safety
Awareness week on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state