Accidents increasing in Erode district
Erode (TN): A total of 692 persons were killed
in 547 accidents in the district in 2011, police said.
This is higher than 2010, as there were 525 accidental
deaths, S. Paneerselvam, Superintendent of Police in Erode
district, said, attributing it to rash driving and driving
after consuming liquor.
Police officials said Rs 40 lakh has been sanctioned to
Erode district for erecting signals, barricades, speed
governors, among others.
Collector V.K. Shanmugam had inaugurated the Road Safety
Awareness week on Friday.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 to be declared soon
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale today; no need for registration