Accused in Advani bomb planting case causes flutter in court
Madurai: An accused, arrested in connectionwith planting of a pipe bomb on BJP leader L K Advani`s JanChetna yatra route near here, caused a flutter in a courttoday when he slit his throat in a bid to commit suicide.
Zaheer Hussain, arrested on March 28, took out a blade and slit his throat when he was produced in the judicial magistrate court at Tirumangalam, about 30 km from here, in connection with the case, police said.
He suffered minor cut injury and was immediately rushedto hospital by police personnel present, they said.
This is the second time that Hussain attempted suicide inthe court. Earlier, he tried to cut his hand after the magistrate rejected his appeal to discharge him from the case in April.
Police have registered a case against him then and now also for attempt to commit suicide.
He was arrested in connection with the planting of the bomb under a bridge at Alampatti near Tirumangalam which was found and defused by police hours before Advani was to pass through the road on October 28, 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan