close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Accused in bomb attack case killed; four seriously injured

A bomb blast accused was Thursday killed and four other accused seriously injured when a gang threw country bombs at them and attacked them with sickles.



Madurai: A bomb blast accused was Thursday killed and four other accused seriously injured when a gang threw country bombs at them and attacked them with sickles here, police said.

Muthuvijayan, accused of being involved in a bomb attack during birth anniversary celebrations of a freedom fighter which claimed six lives last year, died on the spot while Vignesh, Soniah, Muneeshkumar and Arjunan were injured, police said.

An armed gang of 20 persons intercepted the accused when they were returning on two motorcycles after signing before the Judicial Magistrate Court as part of bail conditions, they said.

The injured have been admitted to the Government Rajaji Hospital here, they said.

The two motorcycles were also damaged in the attack. The assailants had come in a car, they said.
A top police officer told PTI that the armed gang had managed to evade check posts even though security was beefed up ahead of the 21st anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition tomorrow.

The official said police had offered to provide security till they reached home, but they wanted to go on their own.

The gang had monitored their movement and had attacked them, police said.

Six persons were killed in a bomb attack near here on a car in which more than 12 youths were returning after participating in freedom fighter Pasumpon Muthuramalinga Thevar Guru Pooja celebrations on October 30 last year.

The accused in the case had come out on bail last week. Security at the hospital where the injured victims have been hospitalised, has been tightened.

Police said so far no arrests have been made.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions