Accused in murder case hacked to death
Madurai: A five-member gang on Tuesday hacked to death an accused in Dalit leader Pasupathi Pandian murder case.
Police said Muthupandian (37) along with three associates were going to Alagarkovil in a car, when the gang deliberately rammed their car into their vehicle, forcing it to stop.
Muthupandian tried to flee, but the gang members chased and hacked him to death, police said.
One of Muthupandian`s associates suffered head injuries in the attack, and has been admitted to hospital in a serious condition.
Devendra Kula Vellalar Federation founder Pasupathi Pandian was murdered in Dindigul on January 10, 2012 by an unidentified gang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon