Accused in murder case hacked to death
Madurai: A five-member gang on Tuesday hacked to death an accused in Dalit leader Pasupathi Pandian murder case.
Police said Muthupandian (37) along with three associates were going to Alagarkovil in a car, when the gang deliberately rammed their car into their vehicle, forcing it to stop.
Muthupandian tried to flee, but the gang members chased and hacked him to death, police said.
One of Muthupandian`s associates suffered head injuries in the attack, and has been admitted to hospital in a serious condition.
Devendra Kula Vellalar Federation founder Pasupathi Pandian was murdered in Dindigul on January 10, 2012 by an unidentified gang.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!