Accused in murder of PMK leader hacked to death
Madurai: A ten-member gang on Thursday allegedly
hacked to death one of the accused in the murder of a PMK
leader and seriously injured three other accused persons,
Ambedkar, an accused in the July 26 murder of PMK state
vice president Ilanchezhian, died following the attack which
took place at Villapuram near here in broad daylight, police
The four accused, including Ambedkar, were returning to
their homes after signing in the S S Colony police station as
part of the bail condition when they were attacked with deadly
weapons by the gang, police said.
While Ambedkar died on the spot, the three other accused
Arumugam, Karuppsamy and Mahagani suffered serious injuries.
The gang members, who police said included a relative of
the slain Ilanchezhian, are absconding and efforts are on to
Ilanchezhian, 46, was returning after dropping his
children at a school when the incident happened earlier this
More than 10 people, following Ilanchezian in a car,
knocked him down from his two-wheeler and hacked him to death
before fleeing the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure
- Top Chinese envoy visits Vietnam as South China Sea tension rises
- Sensex stays flat after worst fall in four months
- Britain economy strong, can cope with EU exit turmoil: George Osborne
- Brexit unlikely to impact Indian auto component exports: ICRA