Accused in murder of PMK leader hacked to death
Madurai: A ten-member gang on Thursday allegedly
hacked to death one of the accused in the murder of a PMK
leader and seriously injured three other accused persons,
Ambedkar, an accused in the July 26 murder of PMK state
vice president Ilanchezhian, died following the attack which
took place at Villapuram near here in broad daylight, police
The four accused, including Ambedkar, were returning to
their homes after signing in the S S Colony police station as
part of the bail condition when they were attacked with deadly
weapons by the gang, police said.
While Ambedkar died on the spot, the three other accused
Arumugam, Karuppsamy and Mahagani suffered serious injuries.
The gang members, who police said included a relative of
the slain Ilanchezhian, are absconding and efforts are on to
Ilanchezhian, 46, was returning after dropping his
children at a school when the incident happened earlier this
More than 10 people, following Ilanchezian in a car,
knocked him down from his two-wheeler and hacked him to death
before fleeing the spot, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!