Action against land grabbers to continue: TN
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
Monday reasserted its commitment to continue action against land grabbing complaints in which many DMK men, including former ministers have been arrested.
"The Anti-Land Grabbing Cells established in every
district by the state government have benefited innumerable
poor innocent people who were coerced into selling their
lands. Their lands have been restored to them," Governor K
Rosaiah said in his address to the Assembly.
"I reassert this government`s commitment to bring such
land grabbers exploiting the poor and gullible to justice," he
Soon after taking over as Chief Minister last year,
Jayalalithaa had formed the Anti-Land Grabbing Cells in all
districts of the state.
Scores of DMK men, including former ministers and
local strongmen Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and K
Ponmudy, had been arrested in this connection in different
parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh