Action against land grabbers to continue: TN
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
Monday reasserted its commitment to continue action against land grabbing complaints in which many DMK men, including former ministers have been arrested.
"The Anti-Land Grabbing Cells established in every
district by the state government have benefited innumerable
poor innocent people who were coerced into selling their
lands. Their lands have been restored to them," Governor K
Rosaiah said in his address to the Assembly.
"I reassert this government`s commitment to bring such
land grabbers exploiting the poor and gullible to justice," he
Soon after taking over as Chief Minister last year,
Jayalalithaa had formed the Anti-Land Grabbing Cells in all
districts of the state.
Scores of DMK men, including former ministers and
local strongmen Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and K
Ponmudy, had been arrested in this connection in different
parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`