Action against land grabbers to continue: TN
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK in Tamil Nadu
Monday reasserted its commitment to continue action against land grabbing complaints in which many DMK men, including former ministers have been arrested.
"The Anti-Land Grabbing Cells established in every
district by the state government have benefited innumerable
poor innocent people who were coerced into selling their
lands. Their lands have been restored to them," Governor K
Rosaiah said in his address to the Assembly.
"I reassert this government`s commitment to bring such
land grabbers exploiting the poor and gullible to justice," he
Soon after taking over as Chief Minister last year,
Jayalalithaa had formed the Anti-Land Grabbing Cells in all
districts of the state.
Scores of DMK men, including former ministers and
local strongmen Veerapandi S Arumugam, K N Nehru and K
Ponmudy, had been arrested in this connection in different
parts of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'