ACTVC to submit status report on cable TV soon
Coimbatore: Equipment worth crores of rupees that had been purchased for Arasu Cable TV Corporation during the DMK regime is lying idle for the last couple of years without any benefit to the common man, the newly appointed Chairman of Arasu Cable TV Corporation Ltd, said early on Thursday.
Talking to reporters after inspecting a control room and Multiple System Operator (MSO) in Gandhipuram in the city, Radhakrishnan said that he would soon visit the other four MSOs in the state and submit a detailed status report to Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
The Chief Minister would decide the future course of action, like revival of the Corporation and rehabilitation of affected cable operators, he said.
Radhakrishnan was appointed on Jun 4 by Jayalalithaa in line with the government`s policy to nationalise cable services, an apparent move against Sumangali Cable Vision, owned by media barons, Maran brothers -- former Union Minister Dayanidhi and Kalanidhi-- which enjoys a near monopoly in this business in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!