Additional Observers for four constituencies in Erode
Erode: Special Additional Expenditure
Observers would be appointed in four constituencies in the
district where VIPs are contesting, Erode Collector C Kamaraj
The four constituencies are Erode East, Erode West,
Anthiyur and Gobichettipalayam where S Muthuswamy (DMK), M
Yuvaraj (Congress), N K K P Raja (DMK) and K A Sengottiyan
(AIADMK) are contesting, he said.
The Election Commission had already appointed Kalyan Rath,
an IRS officer of Kolkata and Anand A Khakho of Jamshedpur as
Expenditure Observers in the region but local officers would
also be appointed to monitor the cash flow in the four
constituencies, the Collector said.
Kamaraj added that personnel of CRPF would assist local
police in 193 sensitive polling booths in the district. Micro
observers would also be appointed to monitor the sensitive
booths in addition to regular observers, he said.
The Collector said the public could send in complaints
regarding the expenditure to the email address
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?