Advani attack plan: Another case against Zaheer Hussain
Madurai: Another case has been registered
against Zaheer Hussain, arrested in connection with planting of a pipe bomb allegedly targeting BJP leader L K Advani during his "Jan Chetna Yatra" in 2011, police said today.
The accused had created a flutter at the Judicial Magistrate Court at Tirumangalam yesterday when he slashed his hand using a blade.
Police said they had registered another case against him on a complaint given by Sub Inspector Jaychandran last night.
Jaichandran in his complaint said when they checked Zaheer Hussain,he was carrying some medicines,and they seized it. Angered by the seizure,he had abused the police officer,and also threatened him, police said.
A probe has been ordered as to how he got the blade.
Cases had been registered against 10 persons in connection with the `pipebomb planting case`. The bomb was detected and defused before Advani`s cavalcade crossed a bridge at Aalam Patti on October 28, 2011
Seven persons, including Zaheer Hussain, have been arrested in the case.
Yesterday, when Hussain was produced before the Magistrate Pannerselvam, he told the court that he was not a terrorist and suddenly slashed his left hand with a blade.
He was immediately rushed to a government hospital, police said, adding that his condition was not critical.
Later the magistrate advised him and extended his remand till April 23.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- West Bengal Board Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 announced
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh