Advani yatra bomb: HC to issue notice to police
Madurai: The Madras High Court has ordered notice to police on a plea filed by a couple alleging that an inspector, probing the case of planting of a bomb on BJP leader LK Advani`s yatra route, was interfering in their life on pretext of investigation.
Justice KK Sasidharan of the Madurai Bench ordered
notice to the Special Investigation Team police inspector
returnable by January 18.
Safurnissa and Syed Sulaiman Sait from Tenkasi also
sought a direction to authorities to take action against the
inspector for his "unconstitutional activity" of interfering
with their liberty.
They claimed Sait was falsely implicated in a case in
2007, and was enlarged on bail and was doing business without
any involvement in any other case. Safurnissa said her husband
runs a canteen business in Chennai and Bangalore, and her
family never indulged in any anti-social activities.
She said her husband had informed police that he did not
know whereabouts of those allegedly involved in the case and
the local inspector had allowed him to continue his business.
However, the SIT inspector was continuing to harass them in
the name of inquiry, she alleged and sought an interim
injunction, restraining him from interfering with their lives.
Police had recovered a powerful pipe bomb from under a
bridge on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km from
here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna yatra. Subsequently,
the BJP leader`s route was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?