Advani yatra bomb: HC to issue notice to police
Madurai: The Madras High Court has ordered notice to police on a plea filed by a couple alleging that an inspector, probing the case of planting of a bomb on BJP leader LK Advani`s yatra route, was interfering in their life on pretext of investigation.
Justice KK Sasidharan of the Madurai Bench ordered
notice to the Special Investigation Team police inspector
returnable by January 18.
Safurnissa and Syed Sulaiman Sait from Tenkasi also
sought a direction to authorities to take action against the
inspector for his "unconstitutional activity" of interfering
with their liberty.
They claimed Sait was falsely implicated in a case in
2007, and was enlarged on bail and was doing business without
any involvement in any other case. Safurnissa said her husband
runs a canteen business in Chennai and Bangalore, and her
family never indulged in any anti-social activities.
She said her husband had informed police that he did not
know whereabouts of those allegedly involved in the case and
the local inspector had allowed him to continue his business.
However, the SIT inspector was continuing to harass them in
the name of inquiry, she alleged and sought an interim
injunction, restraining him from interfering with their lives.
Police had recovered a powerful pipe bomb from under a
bridge on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km from
here, on the route of Advani`s Jan Chetna yatra. Subsequently,
the BJP leader`s route was diverted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday