Advocate held for threatening to set on fire Taluk office
Madurai: An advocate was on Sunday arrested for allegedly threatening to set ablaze the Taluk office here to highlight his demand for opening the local MLA office which remained closed for over 15 years.
Police later released the advocate on personal bail.
The advocate claimed AIADMK MLA K A Samy was functioning from a recreation club and not from the MLA office. Besides, common people, who had grievances, did not have access to the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption