Advocate held for threatening to set on fire Taluk office
Madurai: An advocate was on Sunday arrested for allegedly threatening to set ablaze the Taluk office here to highlight his demand for opening the local MLA office which remained closed for over 15 years.
Police later released the advocate on personal bail.
The advocate claimed AIADMK MLA K A Samy was functioning from a recreation club and not from the MLA office. Besides, common people, who had grievances, did not have access to the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Hajj stoning to be shortened after deadly stampede
- Pakistan's court reserves verdict on Hafiz Saeed's Kashmir petition
- DNA samples of Dhaka cafe attackers match with kin: Police
- "Voices under the rubble" after quake hits Italy; at least 38 dead
- Rafael Nadal to make Brisbane International debut in 2017