Advocate held for threatening to set on fire Taluk office
Madurai: An advocate was on Sunday arrested for allegedly threatening to set ablaze the Taluk office here to highlight his demand for opening the local MLA office which remained closed for over 15 years.
Police later released the advocate on personal bail.
The advocate claimed AIADMK MLA K A Samy was functioning from a recreation club and not from the MLA office. Besides, common people, who had grievances, did not have access to the club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre