AERB Chairman visits Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant
Chennai: Senior officials of Atomic Energy Department, including the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board Chairman, Wednesday visited the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant in Tirunelveli district, about 600 km from here.
"AERB chairman and other senior DAE officials are in the KNPP campus now. But they are not here for the first unit," official sources told a news agency.
The sources declined to comment on the purpose of the AERB chairman`s visit to the nuclear project site.
To a query on the status of the upcoming second unit at KNPP, they said the progress was "very slow."
They also said power generation of the first unit, which was stopped a few days ago, was again re-synchronised yesterday around 12.12 pm.
The first unit has been considerably contributing to the power-starved state since October last week.
The Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd is collaborating with Russia to set up two 1,000 MWe reactors at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu`s Tirunelveli district.
While the first unit attained criticality in July this year, the second unit is nearing completion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?