AERB team begins inspection of KNPP
Tirunelveli (TN): A 10-member team from the Atomic Energy Regulatory Board today began inspection of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project, where loading of enriched uranium was almost complete.
The AERB team, comprising experts in various sub-fields of Atomic Energy technology, would inspect the plant for few more days, official sources said.
Atomic Energy Commission member Anil Kakodkar had recently stated that despite `difficulties` faced at Kudankulam plant, the first unit would be commissioned "some months from now" and the second by end of 2013.
The Centre also had told the Supreme Court on October 16 that the plant was completely safe and designed to withstand all kinds of natural disasters and apprehensions over its safety are "baseless."
The People`s Movement Against Nuclear Energy has been leading protests against the plant for over a year citing safety concerns.
Commissioning of the first unit of the Indo-Russian project was originally scheduled for December last year, but has been delayed due to the protest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'