Aged man gets life term for raping 7-year old girl in Tamil Nadu
Erode: A 57-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment by a mahila court here for raping a seven-year-old girl in May, 2013 on the pretext of escorting her to safety in view of rains.
Judge Sarvamangala also ordered Ganesan of Sathyamangalam to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 and an additional Rs 1,000 for threatening the child not to tell anyone about the incident that occurred on May 1, 2013.
The prosecution case was that Ganesan had asked the girl to come with him and promised to take her to a safe place as it was raining heavily.
Ganesan took the girl to his house and raped her. He threatened her that he would kill her and her mother if she disclosed the incident to anyone.
However, the girl informed her mother who lodged a police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team