Aged man gets life term for raping 7-year old girl in Tamil Nadu
Erode: A 57-year-old man was on Monday sentenced to life imprisonment by a mahila court here for raping a seven-year-old girl in May, 2013 on the pretext of escorting her to safety in view of rains.
Judge Sarvamangala also ordered Ganesan of Sathyamangalam to pay a fine of Rs 10,000 and an additional Rs 1,000 for threatening the child not to tell anyone about the incident that occurred on May 1, 2013.
The prosecution case was that Ganesan had asked the girl to come with him and promised to take her to a safe place as it was raining heavily.
Ganesan took the girl to his house and raped her. He threatened her that he would kill her and her mother if she disclosed the incident to anyone.
However, the girl informed her mother who lodged a police complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29