Agitation in Chennai to seek resignation of MLAs
Coimbatore: A section of industries and trade here has decided to stage demonstrations soon in front of the houses of AIADMK MLAs seeking their resignations for their `failure` to fulfil their electoral promise of putting an end to power cuts within three months of assuming power.
Industrialists and traders, along with their workers, under the banner of 5000-member Ganapaty Industries and Traders Association would stage the demonstration, GITA senior vice president SR Segar told a news agency.
Despite the appeal from the industries to provide uninterrupted power, at least for eight hours, by increasing the power cut in Chennai, the Government continued to neglect it and treat the citizens of other districts as second class citizens, he alleged.
GITA would talk to other industrial associations and chalk out a strategy in a week, Segar, also All-India secretary of BJP Trade, said.
Meanwhile, the members of Tamil Nadu Association of Cottage and Tiny Enterprises (TACT) have decided not to celebrate Deepavali till they get a solution for the power problem.
According to TACT president, J James, it had also appealed to the workers of micro industries to `accept the bonus that owners managed to pay,` because almost all the micro units were on the verge of closure in view `nil` production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read