Agitation in Chennai to seek resignation of MLAs
Coimbatore: A section of industries and trade here has decided to stage demonstrations soon in front of the houses of AIADMK MLAs seeking their resignations for their `failure` to fulfil their electoral promise of putting an end to power cuts within three months of assuming power.
Industrialists and traders, along with their workers, under the banner of 5000-member Ganapaty Industries and Traders Association would stage the demonstration, GITA senior vice president SR Segar told a news agency.
Despite the appeal from the industries to provide uninterrupted power, at least for eight hours, by increasing the power cut in Chennai, the Government continued to neglect it and treat the citizens of other districts as second class citizens, he alleged.
GITA would talk to other industrial associations and chalk out a strategy in a week, Segar, also All-India secretary of BJP Trade, said.
Meanwhile, the members of Tamil Nadu Association of Cottage and Tiny Enterprises (TACT) have decided not to celebrate Deepavali till they get a solution for the power problem.
According to TACT president, J James, it had also appealed to the workers of micro industries to `accept the bonus that owners managed to pay,` because almost all the micro units were on the verge of closure in view `nil` production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!