Agitation seeking removal of VC to be intensified in Madurai
Madurai: Agitation would be intensifed seeking removal of Madurai Kamaraj University Vice-Chancellor Kalyani Mathivanan from the post, a representative of the association pressing the demand Thursday said.
The agitation would be intensified by holding fasts, demonstrations and even picketing the University in a phased manner in the next two days,P Vijayakumar, co-convenor of the Save Madurai Kamaraj University Coalition,told reporters here.
The coalition would resort to direct action seeking to remove her from the Vice-Chancellor post, he said, adding, dates of the agitation would be announced soon.
Vijayakumar said the Supreme Court had stayed for an interim period of four weeks the order of the Madurai Bench of the Madras High Court setting aside her appointment, and it had expired on August 18. Despite reminders to authorities, no action has been taken to remove her, he said.
The High Court had questioned her qualifications and alleged that she was ineligible to hold the post as per the University Grants Commission regulations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Sharad Pawar endorses Nitish Kumar as face of united oppn, Congress stays mum
- Indian Mathematician mimics viruses to design smallest self-assembling structures
- TN polls: DMK promises metro rail service for Coimbatore
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt