AI flight returns after passenger has heart attack
Chennai: A Singapore-bound Air India Express flight via Tiruchirapalli with 182 passengers on board returned here soon after take off early on Monday after one of the passengers suffered a heart attack.
The flight returned at 2.40 AM ten minutes after take off following which the passenger was subjected to a medical check up by doctors at the airport. He was later taken to Apollo hospitals, they said.
Meanwhile, irate passengers protested at the more than three hour delay and asked the pilot to take off but he refused citing rules, which mandated that he operate one flight a day.
The airline then requistioned the services of another pilot, the sources said.
Twelve passengers were taken by bus to Tiruchirapalli, while the others would leave for their onward destination at 1300 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years