AI flight returns after passenger has heart attack
Chennai: A Singapore-bound Air India Express flight via Tiruchirapalli with 182 passengers on board returned here soon after take off early on Monday after one of the passengers suffered a heart attack.
The flight returned at 2.40 AM ten minutes after take off following which the passenger was subjected to a medical check up by doctors at the airport. He was later taken to Apollo hospitals, they said.
Meanwhile, irate passengers protested at the more than three hour delay and asked the pilot to take off but he refused citing rules, which mandated that he operate one flight a day.
The airline then requistioned the services of another pilot, the sources said.
Twelve passengers were taken by bus to Tiruchirapalli, while the others would leave for their onward destination at 1300 hrs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'