AIADMK candidate files nomination for bypoll
Salem: AIADMK candidate P Saroja on Wednesday filed her nomination for the December 4 by-election to Yercaud Assembly constituency in the district.
Wife of deceased sitting MLA C Perumal, Saroja declared around Rs 63 lakh worth moveable and immoveable assets in her affidavit filed as part of the nomination papers.
She said she had neither been convicted in any case for a period of two years or more nor was there any pending case against her.
She had Rs 20.26 lakh in moveable assets including cash and jewelleries while the value of her immoveable assets were worth Rs 37 lakh, she said.
Besides Saroja, five independent candidates filed their nominations today, taking the total contestants to 12.
DMK candidate V Maran has already filed his nomination amidst indications that this bypoll will be a close contest between the two Dravidian arch rivals.
DMK has petitioned the Election Commission seeking replacement of Salem district administration, accusing it to be working in tandem with the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!