AIADMK candidate files nomination for bypoll
Salem: AIADMK candidate P Saroja on Wednesday filed her nomination for the December 4 by-election to Yercaud Assembly constituency in the district.
Wife of deceased sitting MLA C Perumal, Saroja declared around Rs 63 lakh worth moveable and immoveable assets in her affidavit filed as part of the nomination papers.
She said she had neither been convicted in any case for a period of two years or more nor was there any pending case against her.
She had Rs 20.26 lakh in moveable assets including cash and jewelleries while the value of her immoveable assets were worth Rs 37 lakh, she said.
Besides Saroja, five independent candidates filed their nominations today, taking the total contestants to 12.
DMK candidate V Maran has already filed his nomination amidst indications that this bypoll will be a close contest between the two Dravidian arch rivals.
DMK has petitioned the Election Commission seeking replacement of Salem district administration, accusing it to be working in tandem with the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred