AIADMK candidate files nomination for bypoll
Salem: AIADMK candidate P Saroja on Wednesday filed her nomination for the December 4 by-election to Yercaud Assembly constituency in the district.
Wife of deceased sitting MLA C Perumal, Saroja declared around Rs 63 lakh worth moveable and immoveable assets in her affidavit filed as part of the nomination papers.
She said she had neither been convicted in any case for a period of two years or more nor was there any pending case against her.
She had Rs 20.26 lakh in moveable assets including cash and jewelleries while the value of her immoveable assets were worth Rs 37 lakh, she said.
Besides Saroja, five independent candidates filed their nominations today, taking the total contestants to 12.
DMK candidate V Maran has already filed his nomination amidst indications that this bypoll will be a close contest between the two Dravidian arch rivals.
DMK has petitioned the Election Commission seeking replacement of Salem district administration, accusing it to be working in tandem with the ruling party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!