AIADMK, DMK workers clash over `building`
Udhagamandalam: Tension prevailed here Thursday after an AIADMK MLA and his supporters were taken in a van by police to prevent friction between the ruling party and DMK workers over a building of Young Badagas Association.
DMK workers occupied the building claiming it belonged to them with supporters of former DMK MLA Gundan breaking open a lock on the building, reportedly put by AIADMK workers.
Hearing about the incident, AIADMK MLA Buddhichandran, with 20 followers rushed to the spot and tried to enter the premises claiming that it belonged to the Badagas, owing allegiance to his party.
However, senior police officials, in order to not to precipitate the issue, took the MLA and his followers in a van and kept them in a hall,some distance away, police said.
The ruling party members raised slogans against police and blamed them for "supporting" DMK, when Buddhichandran was elected as the president of the association, replacing Gundan, some time ago.
DMK workers claimed that a court directive on the building was in their favour and they had no other go but to break open the lock.
However, Buddhichandran and others claimed that there was no no such court order.
The situation is under control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends