AIADMK, DMK workers clash over `building`
Udhagamandalam: Tension prevailed here Thursday after an AIADMK MLA and his supporters were taken in a van by police to prevent friction between the ruling party and DMK workers over a building of Young Badagas Association.
DMK workers occupied the building claiming it belonged to them with supporters of former DMK MLA Gundan breaking open a lock on the building, reportedly put by AIADMK workers.
Hearing about the incident, AIADMK MLA Buddhichandran, with 20 followers rushed to the spot and tried to enter the premises claiming that it belonged to the Badagas, owing allegiance to his party.
However, senior police officials, in order to not to precipitate the issue, took the MLA and his followers in a van and kept them in a hall,some distance away, police said.
The ruling party members raised slogans against police and blamed them for "supporting" DMK, when Buddhichandran was elected as the president of the association, replacing Gundan, some time ago.
DMK workers claimed that a court directive on the building was in their favour and they had no other go but to break open the lock.
However, Buddhichandran and others claimed that there was no no such court order.
The situation is under control, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Anil Kumble – Facts you must know about India's new coach
- 'Strong' Salman Khan can handle any controversy: Pulkit Samrat
- Vikas Krishan, Manoj Kumar book Olympic berths in Baku
- Is Kashmir major cause of tension between India and Pakistan? Pak Army says 'Yes'
- Cheers! Uttar Pradesh Cabinet approves sale of liquor in tetra packs