AIADMK functionary hacked to death
Madurai: An AIADMK functionary was hacked to death near the Law College here late Friday night allegedly to avenge the murder of a youth during a clash a few months back, police said on Saturday.
Jeyapandi was on way to his house at Karumbalai when a group waylaid and hacked him to death.
His relatives, demanding the arrest of the culprits, blocked the road traffic at the busy Goripalayam junction here till mid night, they said.
Deputy commissioner of Police, Samanth Rohan Rajendra persuaded them to disperse by assuring to arrest the culprit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog