AIADMK functionary murder: Five persons surrender in court
Sivaganga (TN): Five persons on Thursday surrendered before a local court in connection with the murder of an AIADMK functionary at Madurai and they have been remanded to judicial custody till September 30.
Mayil Murugan (40), a 72nd block member of the AIADMK who ran finance and real estate businesses, was allegedly hacked to death yesterday by a seven-member gang while on his way to office.
Alexpandian, Madumuni, Muthuramlingam, Madhavan, and Sadaiyandi of Madurai-Kamarajapuram surrendered before Magistrate Venkatesa Perumal (Judicial Magistrate court-two) who remanded them to judicial custody.
They have been lodged in the central prison here, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days