AIADMK functionary murder: Five persons surrender in court
Sivaganga (TN): Five persons on Thursday surrendered before a local court in connection with the murder of an AIADMK functionary at Madurai and they have been remanded to judicial custody till September 30.
Mayil Murugan (40), a 72nd block member of the AIADMK who ran finance and real estate businesses, was allegedly hacked to death yesterday by a seven-member gang while on his way to office.
Alexpandian, Madumuni, Muthuramlingam, Madhavan, and Sadaiyandi of Madurai-Kamarajapuram surrendered before Magistrate Venkatesa Perumal (Judicial Magistrate court-two) who remanded them to judicial custody.
They have been lodged in the central prison here, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet