AIADMK Govt neglecting school education: Karuna
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday accused AIADMK Government of neglecting school education, affecting the future of students.
Since AIADMK came to power last year, the school education sector had been subjected to various hurldes including in the implementation of the uniform school education and appointment of teachers, he alleged.
Writing in party organ `Murasoli`, Karunanidhi noted that the department of school education had seen three ministers within one year and each one giving different numbers of the teachers to be recruited.
"The announcements made in the AIADMK regime have no value and the Ministers lacked interest in implementing those announcements," he claimed.
He recalled that soon after the AIADMK won the Assembly polls, the then School Educcation Minister C Ve Shanmugham had said 55,000 teachers would be appointed. "But now, on April 18, the present Minister N R Sivapathi had said 14,349 teachers will be appointed."
On the recent protest by Buddhists against the construction of a mosque in Sri Lanka, he said it was condemnable.
Stating that there were different versions of news reports about the incident, he said "the whole world would not accept such incidents. It is highly condemnable".
Thousands of Buddhist monks and their supporters last week stormed the mosque in Sri Lanka`s north central town of Dambulla to protest its construction in an area designated as a Buddhist sacred zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore