AIADMK Govt neglecting school education: Karuna
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday accused AIADMK Government of neglecting school education, affecting the future of students.
Since AIADMK came to power last year, the school education sector had been subjected to various hurldes including in the implementation of the uniform school education and appointment of teachers, he alleged.
Writing in party organ `Murasoli`, Karunanidhi noted that the department of school education had seen three ministers within one year and each one giving different numbers of the teachers to be recruited.
"The announcements made in the AIADMK regime have no value and the Ministers lacked interest in implementing those announcements," he claimed.
He recalled that soon after the AIADMK won the Assembly polls, the then School Educcation Minister C Ve Shanmugham had said 55,000 teachers would be appointed. "But now, on April 18, the present Minister N R Sivapathi had said 14,349 teachers will be appointed."
On the recent protest by Buddhists against the construction of a mosque in Sri Lanka, he said it was condemnable.
Stating that there were different versions of news reports about the incident, he said "the whole world would not accept such incidents. It is highly condemnable".
Thousands of Buddhist monks and their supporters last week stormed the mosque in Sri Lanka`s north central town of Dambulla to protest its construction in an area designated as a Buddhist sacred zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Seoul, Washington kick off joint annual war game
- Myanmar denies clashes between Indian army, ethnic group
- Black money: Govt to ban cash transactions of above Rs 3 lakh
- Must see pics! Incredible images of lava from Hawaii’s volcano cascading into the ocean (Photo feature)
- A month on, search continues for missing IAF aircraft AN-32