AIADMK Govt not concerned about `suicide` of farmers: Karuna
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday accused the AIADMK Government of not being concerned about alleged suicides of farmers in Cauvery delta districts distressed over their withering paddy crops in view of lack of water for irrigation.
"It seems that the government ruling Tamil Nadu has no concern about farmers who are dying. They don`t have time to see the withering crops in Delta districts," he said in a statement here.
Claiming that nine farmers had committed suicide in the Delta region so far, he appealed to the farmers not to resort to such extreme step.
"Farmers should be hopeful that the situation would change for better. There should be no more reports of suicide of farmers. This is my request," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?