‘AIADMK govt will be known for its dark rule`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi today lashed out at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for the prevailing acute power shortage in the state saying the AIADMK rule would be etched as "dark rule" in the coming days.
"It may not be known as Jayalalithaa`s rule or AIADMK rule but will be known as `dark rule` in future. This is certain, there is no other way," he said at a function to commemorate the centenary celebrations of former minister and senior party leader N V Natarajan here.
He charged the AIADMK rule with demolishing Dravidian culture, art and the self-respect promoted by the late chief minister Annadurai and Periyar.
Karunanidhi said he had fought for securing classical language status for Tamil which was demanded by Anna and several Tamil scholars.
"Will anybody know what Semmozhi is now", he said, adding that the present government was erasing the name of `Semmozhi` even from a park.
"This is because for some people even the word Semmozhi is like a red scorpion", he said, adding that a a day would come when the youth would bring back those who protect "Semmozhi" to power.
He lauded the work of various wings for the party, particularly the youth wing headed by his son M K Stalin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites