‘AIADMK govt will be known for its dark rule`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi today lashed out at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for the prevailing acute power shortage in the state saying the AIADMK rule would be etched as "dark rule" in the coming days.
"It may not be known as Jayalalithaa`s rule or AIADMK rule but will be known as `dark rule` in future. This is certain, there is no other way," he said at a function to commemorate the centenary celebrations of former minister and senior party leader N V Natarajan here.
He charged the AIADMK rule with demolishing Dravidian culture, art and the self-respect promoted by the late chief minister Annadurai and Periyar.
Karunanidhi said he had fought for securing classical language status for Tamil which was demanded by Anna and several Tamil scholars.
"Will anybody know what Semmozhi is now", he said, adding that the present government was erasing the name of `Semmozhi` even from a park.
"This is because for some people even the word Semmozhi is like a red scorpion", he said, adding that a a day would come when the youth would bring back those who protect "Semmozhi" to power.
He lauded the work of various wings for the party, particularly the youth wing headed by his son M K Stalin.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days