‘AIADMK govt will be known for its dark rule`
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi today lashed out at Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa for the prevailing acute power shortage in the state saying the AIADMK rule would be etched as "dark rule" in the coming days.
"It may not be known as Jayalalithaa`s rule or AIADMK rule but will be known as `dark rule` in future. This is certain, there is no other way," he said at a function to commemorate the centenary celebrations of former minister and senior party leader N V Natarajan here.
He charged the AIADMK rule with demolishing Dravidian culture, art and the self-respect promoted by the late chief minister Annadurai and Periyar.
Karunanidhi said he had fought for securing classical language status for Tamil which was demanded by Anna and several Tamil scholars.
"Will anybody know what Semmozhi is now", he said, adding that the present government was erasing the name of `Semmozhi` even from a park.
"This is because for some people even the word Semmozhi is like a red scorpion", he said, adding that a a day would come when the youth would bring back those who protect "Semmozhi" to power.
He lauded the work of various wings for the party, particularly the youth wing headed by his son M K Stalin.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'