AIADMK misusing religious places for electioneering: DMK
Chennai: DMK today charged AIADMK with violating the Model Code of Conduct by misusing the religious places for its electioneering.
In a letter to Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar, it alleged that AIADMK party workers had opened `prasadham` counters for the devotees at a temple in Mylapore area in the city and had displayed party flags and picture of their leaders.
The DMK said it was in violation of the Model Code of Conduct and sought action against those involved and eventual removal of the flags and portraits.
In another letter, DMK alleged that the ruling AIADMK was influencing some local cable channels in Karur to air advertisements in favour of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa-led party without getting the permission of returning officers.
In both the cases, complaints made to District Collector or District Electoral Officers about the violation of MCC had not resulted in any action and so they were forwarded to the CEO, the DMK claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'