AIADMK misusing religious places for electioneering: DMK
Chennai: DMK today charged AIADMK with violating the Model Code of Conduct by misusing the religious places for its electioneering.
In a letter to Chief Electoral Officer Praveen Kumar, it alleged that AIADMK party workers had opened `prasadham` counters for the devotees at a temple in Mylapore area in the city and had displayed party flags and picture of their leaders.
The DMK said it was in violation of the Model Code of Conduct and sought action against those involved and eventual removal of the flags and portraits.
In another letter, DMK alleged that the ruling AIADMK was influencing some local cable channels in Karur to air advertisements in favour of Chief Minister Jayalalithaa-led party without getting the permission of returning officers.
In both the cases, complaints made to District Collector or District Electoral Officers about the violation of MCC had not resulted in any action and so they were forwarded to the CEO, the DMK claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter