AIADMK MP assault: HC denies advance bail to 3 persons
Chennai, Feb 15: Madras High Court has rejected a plea
for anticipatory bail by three persons, who apprehended arrest
in connection with the attack on AIADMK MP O S Manian in
Nagapattinam district on January 28.
According to the prosecution, due to internal political
party rivalry, Manian while attending a marriage fuction was
dragged and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
he was beaten up.
Denying the anticipatory bail, Justice K N Basha said
`it is a very unfortunate case wherein a member of parliament
was not only harassed and humiliated but also dragged from the
marriage hall and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
thereafter he was assaulted by all the assured.`
The Judge said it was pertinent to note that five persons
were injured in the alleged incident and one of them was still
undergoing treatment in a private hospital.
`Considering all these factors, this court is of the
considered view that this is not a fit case for granting the
relief of anticipatory bail`, the Judge said and dismissed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'