AIADMK MP assault: HC denies advance bail to 3 persons
Chennai, Feb 15: Madras High Court has rejected a plea
for anticipatory bail by three persons, who apprehended arrest
in connection with the attack on AIADMK MP O S Manian in
Nagapattinam district on January 28.
According to the prosecution, due to internal political
party rivalry, Manian while attending a marriage fuction was
dragged and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
he was beaten up.
Denying the anticipatory bail, Justice K N Basha said
`it is a very unfortunate case wherein a member of parliament
was not only harassed and humiliated but also dragged from the
marriage hall and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
thereafter he was assaulted by all the assured.`
The Judge said it was pertinent to note that five persons
were injured in the alleged incident and one of them was still
undergoing treatment in a private hospital.
`Considering all these factors, this court is of the
considered view that this is not a fit case for granting the
relief of anticipatory bail`, the Judge said and dismissed the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack