AIADMK MP assault: HC denies advance bail to 3 persons
Chennai, Feb 15: Madras High Court has rejected a plea
for anticipatory bail by three persons, who apprehended arrest
in connection with the attack on AIADMK MP O S Manian in
Nagapattinam district on January 28.
According to the prosecution, due to internal political
party rivalry, Manian while attending a marriage fuction was
dragged and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
he was beaten up.
Denying the anticipatory bail, Justice K N Basha said
`it is a very unfortunate case wherein a member of parliament
was not only harassed and humiliated but also dragged from the
marriage hall and his dhoti and clothes were removed and
thereafter he was assaulted by all the assured.`
The Judge said it was pertinent to note that five persons
were injured in the alleged incident and one of them was still
undergoing treatment in a private hospital.
`Considering all these factors, this court is of the
considered view that this is not a fit case for granting the
relief of anticipatory bail`, the Judge said and dismissed the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'