AIADMK not concerned about `suicide` of farmers: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Monday accused the AIADMK government of not being concerned about alleged suicides of farmers in Cauvery delta districts.
"It seems that the government ruling Tamil Nadu has no concern about farmers who are dying. They don`t have time to see the withering crops in Delta districts," he said in a statement here.
Claiming nine farmers had committed suicide in the Delta region so far, he appealed to the farmers not to resort to such extreme step.
"Farmers should be hopeful that the situation would change for better. There should be no more reports of suicide of farmers. This is my request," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!