AIADMK not concerned about `suicide` of farmers: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Monday accused the AIADMK government of not being concerned about alleged suicides of farmers in Cauvery delta districts.
"It seems that the government ruling Tamil Nadu has no concern about farmers who are dying. They don`t have time to see the withering crops in Delta districts," he said in a statement here.
Claiming nine farmers had committed suicide in the Delta region so far, he appealed to the farmers not to resort to such extreme step.
"Farmers should be hopeful that the situation would change for better. There should be no more reports of suicide of farmers. This is my request," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Deepika Padukone to join hands with Indian Psychiatric Society to promote mental health
- Injured Aaron Ramsey not in Chris Coleman's Wales squad
- Banks to auction Kingfisher Airlines brands again on Thursday at lower price
- Delhi Assembly ratifies "big reform" GST Bill
- Proud to be an Indian! This is how India inspires the world - WATCH this amazing ice dance video