AIADMK not concerned about `suicide` of farmers: Karunanidhi
Chennai: DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Monday accused the AIADMK government of not being concerned about alleged suicides of farmers in Cauvery delta districts.
"It seems that the government ruling Tamil Nadu has no concern about farmers who are dying. They don`t have time to see the withering crops in Delta districts," he said in a statement here.
Claiming nine farmers had committed suicide in the Delta region so far, he appealed to the farmers not to resort to such extreme step.
"Farmers should be hopeful that the situation would change for better. There should be no more reports of suicide of farmers. This is my request," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- This is how Arvind Kejriwal reacted after Navjot Singh Sidhu revealed why he quit Rajya Sabha
- ITC appoints Sanjiv Puri as COO
- Suicide bomber kills 10 north of Baghdad: Officials
- Atrocities against Dalits: TMC walks out of Rajya Sabha demanding statement from PM Modi
- Narsingh Yadav's doping case: WFI rallies behind beleaguered wrestler, backs 'conspiracy' claims