‘AIADMK schemes expansion of DMK`s measures’
Chennai: Dismissing the welfare schemes of the Jayalalithaa government as nothing but an expansion of measures launched by his previous regime, DMK chief M Karunanidhi on Sunday said the ruling AIADMK had not come up with any ingenious idea and instead was only preoccupied with slapping criminal cases against his party cadre.
"In these four months (since it came to power), the AIADMK has not acted on its own thinking, since it was busy thinking how to imprison our cadre irrespective of fact whether they are guilty," he said in a statement here.
Karunanidhi said the measures launched by the AIADMK regime were only an expansion of the old schemes brought by his regime.
Mentioning schemes such as free rice, marriage assistance for women, free colour television, health insurance, 108 ambulance, Samacheer Kalvi and the new complex earlier built to house assembly and secretariat, he said DMK had brought these and AIADMK had only made some changes in them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant