AIADMK slams UPA for "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK on Saturday accused the UPA government of having "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu and acting in ways affecting federalism.
The party Executive which met under its presidium chairman E Madhusudhanan and in the presence of the AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa "condemned" the Centre for acting in ways affecting the federalism.
It adopted a resolution saying the Centre`s steps such as not consulting states on forming the National Counter Terrorism Centre, "hampering" the effective PDS in the state by trying to enact the Food Security Bill, decontrol of sugar sector and increasing price of diesel which was being used for public transport amounted to "harming" federalism.
It "condemned" the Centre for its "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu on issues like not granting Digital Addressable System licence for state-run Arasu Cable TV, failing to pull up Sri Lanka for its navy`s attacks on Indian fishermen from the state and not heeding the state`s demand for relief on account of damage caused by cyclones Thane and Nilam.
"This Executive condemns the step-motherly attitude (on issues like) not allowing (Jayalalitha) enough time to highlight the state`s grievances at the National Development Council; not providing adequate power from Central grid; not acting in favour of Sri Lankan Tamils and other partisan activities of Centre," the Executive resolved.
Further, the party resolved to work towards winning all the 40 Lok Sabha seats (39 in TN and one in Puduchery) so as to ensure a strong and powerful India and extend the benefits given to people of Tamil Nadu elsewhere in the country.
For this "it is necessary that the Chief Minister Amma (Mother, as Jayalalithaa is addressed) leads the nation," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read