AIADMK slams UPA for "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Ruling AIADMK on Saturday accused the UPA government of having "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu and acting in ways affecting federalism.
The party Executive which met under its presidium chairman E Madhusudhanan and in the presence of the AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa "condemned" the Centre for acting in ways affecting the federalism.
It adopted a resolution saying the Centre`s steps such as not consulting states on forming the National Counter Terrorism Centre, "hampering" the effective PDS in the state by trying to enact the Food Security Bill, decontrol of sugar sector and increasing price of diesel which was being used for public transport amounted to "harming" federalism.
It "condemned" the Centre for its "step-motherly attitude" towards Tamil Nadu on issues like not granting Digital Addressable System licence for state-run Arasu Cable TV, failing to pull up Sri Lanka for its navy`s attacks on Indian fishermen from the state and not heeding the state`s demand for relief on account of damage caused by cyclones Thane and Nilam.
"This Executive condemns the step-motherly attitude (on issues like) not allowing (Jayalalitha) enough time to highlight the state`s grievances at the National Development Council; not providing adequate power from Central grid; not acting in favour of Sri Lankan Tamils and other partisan activities of Centre," the Executive resolved.
Further, the party resolved to work towards winning all the 40 Lok Sabha seats (39 in TN and one in Puduchery) so as to ensure a strong and powerful India and extend the benefits given to people of Tamil Nadu elsewhere in the country.
For this "it is necessary that the Chief Minister Amma (Mother, as Jayalalithaa is addressed) leads the nation," it said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs