AIADMK student wing district secretary murdered
Sivaganga (TN): Ruling AIADMK`s district student wing Secretary and two others, including his son, were hacked to death by a heavily armed gang near here, police said on Thursday.
45-year old M G Kathiresan along with his two children was returning here from his native village late last night when the gang waylaid his car and attacked them with sharp edged weapons at Nedungulam in the district.
Kathiresan, his 9-year son and the driver were killed in the attack while his seriously injured daughter (7) had been admitted to the Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai, police said.
Kathiresan had enmity with some local people during the local body elections last year, police said adding the motive behind the murder was under investigation.
District Superintendent of Police Pannerselvam, who visited the murder spot around midnight yesterday, said all checkposts in the region had been alerted and a special team formed to nab the assailants.
In Chennai, Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa condoled the death of three and said stern action as per law would be taken against the perpetrators of the crime.
Stating that Kathiresan was murdered because of previous enmity, she announced Rs 2 lakh relief to his family and Rs 1 lakh to the kin of the driver from the party funds.
In a statement, she also said the AIADMK would bear the medical expenses of Kathiresan`s daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar