AIADMK student wing district secretary murdered
Sivaganga (TN): Ruling AIADMK`s district student wing Secretary and two others, including his son, were hacked to death by a heavily armed gang near here, police said on Thursday.
45-year old M G Kathiresan along with his two children was returning here from his native village late last night when the gang waylaid his car and attacked them with sharp edged weapons at Nedungulam in the district.
Kathiresan, his 9-year son and the driver were killed in the attack while his seriously injured daughter (7) had been admitted to the Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai, police said.
Kathiresan had enmity with some local people during the local body elections last year, police said adding the motive behind the murder was under investigation.
District Superintendent of Police Pannerselvam, who visited the murder spot around midnight yesterday, said all checkposts in the region had been alerted and a special team formed to nab the assailants.
In Chennai, Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa condoled the death of three and said stern action as per law would be taken against the perpetrators of the crime.
Stating that Kathiresan was murdered because of previous enmity, she announced Rs 2 lakh relief to his family and Rs 1 lakh to the kin of the driver from the party funds.
In a statement, she also said the AIADMK would bear the medical expenses of Kathiresan`s daughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof