‘AIADMK will vote against FDI in Parliament’
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday said that her party will vote against the Congress-led UPA government if a no-confidence motion is moved against it in the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22.
Speaking to reporters, the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said, “My party will support any motion against the UPA government on the issue of FDI in the retail sector.”
However, Jayalalithaa said that her party has not been approached so far and she would wait to take a final call on the issue.
“No one has approached us so far so if a request comes from any quarter we will take a call,” she said.
When asked to reply in clear terms as to what would be her party’s stand on the issue, the AIADMK chief said, “We will not support the FDI move in Parliament.”
To take a final decision on Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee’s move, the DMK MPs have announced to hold a meeting in Chennai on Tuesday.
AIADMK MPs are meeting today to take a call on the issue of supporting a no-confidence motion against the UPA government proposed to be moved by the Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on the issue of allowing FDI in the retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack