‘AIADMK will vote against FDI in Parliament’
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday said that her party will vote against the Congress-led UPA government if a no-confidence motion is moved against it in the Winter Session of Parliament starting November 22.
Speaking to reporters, the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister said, “My party will support any motion against the UPA government on the issue of FDI in the retail sector.”
However, Jayalalithaa said that her party has not been approached so far and she would wait to take a final call on the issue.
“No one has approached us so far so if a request comes from any quarter we will take a call,” she said.
When asked to reply in clear terms as to what would be her party’s stand on the issue, the AIADMK chief said, “We will not support the FDI move in Parliament.”
To take a final decision on Trinamool Congress Chief Mamata Banerjee’s move, the DMK MPs have announced to hold a meeting in Chennai on Tuesday.
AIADMK MPs are meeting today to take a call on the issue of supporting a no-confidence motion against the UPA government proposed to be moved by the Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee on the issue of allowing FDI in the retail sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray