AIADMK`s student wing secretary murder transferred to CB-CID
Sivaganga: The murder of ruling AIADMK`s district student wing secretary and two others, including his son, has been transferred to the CB-CID, police said on Friday.
Officials said CB-CID SP Rajeswari and DIG Manjunatha visited the spot where they were hacked to death by an armed gang on November 14 and began their inquiry.
45-year old MG Kathiresan, along with his two children, was returing here from his native village when the gang had waylaid his car and attacked them at Nedungulam in the district.
Kathiresan, his 9-year son and the driver were killed in the attack while his seriously injured daughter (7) had been admitted to Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai,police said.
Kathiresan had fallen out with some local people during the local body elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'