AIADMK`s student wing secretary murder transferred to CB-CID
Sivaganga: The murder of ruling AIADMK`s district student wing secretary and two others, including his son, has been transferred to the CB-CID, police said on Friday.
Officials said CB-CID SP Rajeswari and DIG Manjunatha visited the spot where they were hacked to death by an armed gang on November 14 and began their inquiry.
45-year old MG Kathiresan, along with his two children, was returing here from his native village when the gang had waylaid his car and attacked them at Nedungulam in the district.
Kathiresan, his 9-year son and the driver were killed in the attack while his seriously injured daughter (7) had been admitted to Government Rajaji Hospital in Madurai,police said.
Kathiresan had fallen out with some local people during the local body elections last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender