AICC should quickly decide on poll strategy for Tamil Nadu: Vasan
Chennai: Amid growing disillusionment among party workers, Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Monday urged the AICC leadership to quickly hammer out a effective poll strategy for Tamil Nadu.
"The AICC has not taken any decision on Tamil Nadu as regards the General Elections. Hence the party`s poll work and strategies (that should be adopted) are getting delayed,” he told reporters.
Stating that a "good decision" must be taken quickly in the interest of the party, Vasan said this was the opinion of party leaders and workers in Tamil Nadu.
Barring Congress, all other political parties in the state are fully geared up for polls.
While Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa has already embarked on a state-wide campaign, the DMK today released its first list of candidates.
The CPI(M) is expected to go it alone as of now and speculation is rife that the CPI may clinch a deal with DMK.
The BJP is on the verge of completing seat-sharing arrangement with its allies, the MDMK, DMDK, PMK and other smaller outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA