AICC should quickly decide on poll strategy for Tamil Nadu: Vasan
Chennai: Amid growing disillusionment among party workers, Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister GK Vasan on Monday urged the AICC leadership to quickly hammer out a effective poll strategy for Tamil Nadu.
"The AICC has not taken any decision on Tamil Nadu as regards the General Elections. Hence the party`s poll work and strategies (that should be adopted) are getting delayed,” he told reporters.
Stating that a "good decision" must be taken quickly in the interest of the party, Vasan said this was the opinion of party leaders and workers in Tamil Nadu.
Barring Congress, all other political parties in the state are fully geared up for polls.
While Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa has already embarked on a state-wide campaign, the DMK today released its first list of candidates.
The CPI(M) is expected to go it alone as of now and speculation is rife that the CPI may clinch a deal with DMK.
The BJP is on the verge of completing seat-sharing arrangement with its allies, the MDMK, DMDK, PMK and other smaller outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried