AICC should quickly decide on poll strategy for TN: GK Vasan
Chennai: Amid growing disillusionment among party workers, Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Monday urged the AICC leadership to quickly hammer out a effective poll strategy for Tamil Nadu.
"The AICC has not taken any decision on Tamil Nadu as regards the general elections. Hence the party`s poll work and strategies (that should be adopted) are getting delayed, he told reporters.
Stating that a "good decision" must be taken quickly in the interest of the party, Vasan said this was the opinion of party leaders and workers in Tamil Nadu.
Barring Congress, all other political parties in the state are fully geared up for polls.
While Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa has already embarked on a state-wide campaign, the DMK today released its first list of candidates.
The CPI (M) is expected to go it alone as of now and speculation is rife that the CPI may clinch a deal with DMK.
The BJP is on the verge of completing seat-sharing arrangement with its allies, the MDMK, DMDK, PMK and other smaller outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today