AICC should quickly decide on poll strategy for TN: GK Vasan
Chennai: Amid growing disillusionment among party workers, Congress leader and Union Shipping Minister G K Vasan on Monday urged the AICC leadership to quickly hammer out a effective poll strategy for Tamil Nadu.
"The AICC has not taken any decision on Tamil Nadu as regards the general elections. Hence the party`s poll work and strategies (that should be adopted) are getting delayed, he told reporters.
Stating that a "good decision" must be taken quickly in the interest of the party, Vasan said this was the opinion of party leaders and workers in Tamil Nadu.
Barring Congress, all other political parties in the state are fully geared up for polls.
While Chief Minister and AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa has already embarked on a state-wide campaign, the DMK today released its first list of candidates.
The CPI (M) is expected to go it alone as of now and speculation is rife that the CPI may clinch a deal with DMK.
The BJP is on the verge of completing seat-sharing arrangement with its allies, the MDMK, DMDK, PMK and other smaller outfits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Naseeruddin Shah wants to write tell-all book on Bollywood
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 open sale to begin at 2 pm on May 25
- Beware! Your bread may cause cancer - Chemicals found in pizzas, burgers of seven Delhi fast food outlets
- Celine Dion dedicates Billboard Icon Award to late husband
- Video alert! Here's how Karan Singh Grover surprised Bipasha Basu on their wedding day