AIFB to hold party congress from Feb 24 at Chennai
Chennai: India Forward Bloc will hold its 17th party Congress here in February 2013, making it the second occasion after 47 years for it to be held in the state.
AIFB General Secretary Debabrata Biswas said the party Congress will be held here from February 24-28 and around 1000 delegates from different parts of the country were expected to participate.
The main political themes of the Congress will include "country-wide unity of Left, Democratic and Secular forces, to fight against the neo-liberal economy and imperialistic aggression," among others, he told reporters here.
An exhibition and Light and Sound programme on AIFB founder and freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose will be held besides an exhibition on another famous freedom fighter and AIFB leader from the state, the late Muthuramalinga Thevar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?