AIFB to hold party congress from Feb 24 at Chennai
Chennai: India Forward Bloc will hold its 17th party Congress here in February 2013, making it the second occasion after 47 years for it to be held in the state.
AIFB General Secretary Debabrata Biswas said the party Congress will be held here from February 24-28 and around 1000 delegates from different parts of the country were expected to participate.
The main political themes of the Congress will include "country-wide unity of Left, Democratic and Secular forces, to fight against the neo-liberal economy and imperialistic aggression," among others, he told reporters here.
An exhibition and Light and Sound programme on AIFB founder and freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose will be held besides an exhibition on another famous freedom fighter and AIFB leader from the state, the late Muthuramalinga Thevar, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation