AIIMS doctors perform second autopsy on Ilavarasan`s body
Dharmapuri: A three-member team of doctors from All India Institute of Medical Sciences on Thursday performed the second autopsy on the body of Dalit youth E Ilavarasan, whose death is shrouded in mystery.
The second post-mortem was held under directions from the Madras High Court
"We have throughly examined the body looking in all angles, all dimensions. We will submit the report in a transparent manner in a sealed cover addressed to the honourable court," Dr Sudhir Kumar Gupta, one of the doctors of the team which performed the autopsy, told reporters here.
The doctors arrived at the Government Hospital here this morning to conduct the autopsy on Ilavarasan`s body, which started around 2.15 pm and went on for more than three hours.
Talking to reporters, Ilavarasan`s father Elangovan said, "We hope the truth will come out after this autopsy. The funeral will take place after the arrival of Ilavarasan`s brother."
Ilavarasan`s marriage with caste Hindu girl Divya in October last year and eventual suicide of her father over it led to large-scale violence in three Dalit villages in Dharmapuri district on November 7 last year.
While police claimed it was a case of suicide, his parents and activists suspected foul play in the death of Ilavarasan, after his body was found along railway tracks in Dharmapuri on July 4.
The Madras High Court yesterday ordered for the second autopsy by AIIMS doctors after reports submitted by Dr Thangaraj of SRM College and Research Centre and Dr P Sampathkumar, Sri Ramachandra Medical College differed on whether there was need for further clinical or surgical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Donald Trump calls for immediate closure of ''corrupt'' Clinton Foundation
- Hillary Clinton e-mail scandal: FBI discovers 15,000 more e-mails
- British police intercept drones flying drugs, cell phones into London prison
- My writing will never be the same, says author Perumal Murugan
- Japan's first lady makes first visit to Pearl Harbor