AIIMS doctors perform second autopsy on Ilavarasan`s body
Dharmapuri: A three-member team of doctors from All India Institute of Medical Sciences on Thursday performed the second autopsy on the body of Dalit youth E Ilavarasan, whose death is shrouded in mystery.
The second post-mortem was held under directions from the Madras High Court
"We have throughly examined the body looking in all angles, all dimensions. We will submit the report in a transparent manner in a sealed cover addressed to the honourable court," Dr Sudhir Kumar Gupta, one of the doctors of the team which performed the autopsy, told reporters here.
The doctors arrived at the Government Hospital here this morning to conduct the autopsy on Ilavarasan`s body, which started around 2.15 pm and went on for more than three hours.
Talking to reporters, Ilavarasan`s father Elangovan said, "We hope the truth will come out after this autopsy. The funeral will take place after the arrival of Ilavarasan`s brother."
Ilavarasan`s marriage with caste Hindu girl Divya in October last year and eventual suicide of her father over it led to large-scale violence in three Dalit villages in Dharmapuri district on November 7 last year.
While police claimed it was a case of suicide, his parents and activists suspected foul play in the death of Ilavarasan, after his body was found along railway tracks in Dharmapuri on July 4.
The Madras High Court yesterday ordered for the second autopsy by AIIMS doctors after reports submitted by Dr Thangaraj of SRM College and Research Centre and Dr P Sampathkumar, Sri Ramachandra Medical College differed on whether there was need for further clinical or surgical examination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in