AINRC govt no better than previous Cong regime: DMK
Puducherry: The opposition DMK today charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with adopting the same `anti people` measures that the erstwhile Congress administration followed in the Union Territory.
Party`s local unit convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the people who were dissatisfied with the Congress rule had voted the AINRC under Rangasamy to power in the 2011 Assembly polls. But it was no better than the previous congress government, he said.
He alleged that Rangasamy was providing jobs to youth from his constituency to the exclusion of candidates in other segments.
He slammed the power tariff hike to meet the financial position of various PSUs and alleged that the CM had waited till completion of the Lok Sabha polls to come out with measures to raise the tariff and prices of milk products sold by government owned PONLAIT (Milk Producers Federation).
Dr Subramanian expressed concern over lack of steps to hike the procurement price for milk producers and warned of a massive agitation` by DMK if there was no withdrawal of increase in power tariff and also prices of milk products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!