AINRC govt no better than previous Cong regime: DMK
Puducherry: The opposition DMK today charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with adopting the same `anti people` measures that the erstwhile Congress administration followed in the Union Territory.
Party`s local unit convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the people who were dissatisfied with the Congress rule had voted the AINRC under Rangasamy to power in the 2011 Assembly polls. But it was no better than the previous congress government, he said.
He alleged that Rangasamy was providing jobs to youth from his constituency to the exclusion of candidates in other segments.
He slammed the power tariff hike to meet the financial position of various PSUs and alleged that the CM had waited till completion of the Lok Sabha polls to come out with measures to raise the tariff and prices of milk products sold by government owned PONLAIT (Milk Producers Federation).
Dr Subramanian expressed concern over lack of steps to hike the procurement price for milk producers and warned of a massive agitation` by DMK if there was no withdrawal of increase in power tariff and also prices of milk products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail