AINRC govt no better than previous Cong regime: DMK
Puducherry: The opposition DMK today charged the Rangasamy led AINRC government with adopting the same `anti people` measures that the erstwhile Congress administration followed in the Union Territory.
Party`s local unit convenor Dr M A S Subramanian said in a release here that the people who were dissatisfied with the Congress rule had voted the AINRC under Rangasamy to power in the 2011 Assembly polls. But it was no better than the previous congress government, he said.
He alleged that Rangasamy was providing jobs to youth from his constituency to the exclusion of candidates in other segments.
He slammed the power tariff hike to meet the financial position of various PSUs and alleged that the CM had waited till completion of the Lok Sabha polls to come out with measures to raise the tariff and prices of milk products sold by government owned PONLAIT (Milk Producers Federation).
Dr Subramanian expressed concern over lack of steps to hike the procurement price for milk producers and warned of a massive agitation` by DMK if there was no withdrawal of increase in power tariff and also prices of milk products.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it