Air mishap averted at Chennai airport
Chennai: A major air mishap was averted at
Chennai airport on Saturday when a Delhi-bound private airliner
which had been cleared for take-off stopped on the runway just
as an Air India flight was about to land.
Airport authorities have sought explanation from Jet
Airways as to why the aircraft was stopped despite it being
cleared for take-off.
Airport sources said the Delhi-bound Jet Airways plane
was taxiing on the runway at 08:40 hrs when it stopped at the
end moment. At the same time, the Chennai-bound Air India
flight from Delhi was given landing permission by the Air
Traffic Control (ATC).
The ATC noticed that the Jet Airways flight was still on
the runway and quickly alerted the pilot of the AI flight.
The AI plane then hovered around for sometime till the
other aircraft took off, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split