Air mishap averted at Chennai airport
Chennai: A major air mishap was averted at
Chennai airport on Saturday when a Delhi-bound private airliner
which had been cleared for take-off stopped on the runway just
as an Air India flight was about to land.
Airport authorities have sought explanation from Jet
Airways as to why the aircraft was stopped despite it being
cleared for take-off.
Airport sources said the Delhi-bound Jet Airways plane
was taxiing on the runway at 08:40 hrs when it stopped at the
end moment. At the same time, the Chennai-bound Air India
flight from Delhi was given landing permission by the Air
Traffic Control (ATC).
The ATC noticed that the Jet Airways flight was still on
the runway and quickly alerted the pilot of the AI flight.
The AI plane then hovered around for sometime till the
other aircraft took off, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth