Aircraft version of Brahmos by December: Pillai
Coimbatore: The Aircraft version of the fastest
supersonic cruise missile in the world, the Brahmos, would be
launched by December this year, a top official of the Brahmos
Aerospace, an Indo-Russian joint venture company, said on Saturday.
The aircraft modification of Sukhoi-30 to attach the
missile is being done in HAL, Nasik and after proper reduction
of weight and electronic interface and other various
integration, the missile would be ready for launch by year
end, Dr A Shivathanu PIllai, CEO and Managing Director of the
company, told reporters at Ettimadai, on the city outskirts.
When asked about production capacity, Pillai said the
company was geared to produce any number of missiles for use
in Indian Defence department and after fulfilling domestic
requirements, it would consider supplying to other countries.
The Army had conducted a successful trial of the
Supersonic Cruise Missile recently, he said.
The 290-Km range BrahMos supersonic cruise missile was
test-fired at the Pokharan range in Jaisalmer on March 4, to
operationalise the second regiment of the weapon system in
On advanced Hypersonic missile, he said research was going
on to design and develop the 7 `Mach` speed missile.
Research has already started on propulsion of scramjet
engine and it will reach the final stage by another two years,
Pillai said. The company would enter into another agreement of
50.5: 49.5 ratio, for this version.
On Intercontinental Ballistic Missile, which was given
prominence by China, he said it depended on the requirements
of the individual country, as was done by India by developing
Agni missile`s four versions. The Agni-5, with 5,000 KM range,
would be launched soon, Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof