Alagiri downplays his meeting with Kanimozhi
Madurai: Former Union Minister and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday sought to downplay the meeting between him and his sister Kanimozhi, MP, here last week, which came days after showcause notices were issued to some of his loyalsits for not attending party functions.
Allagiri said "my sister has met me...That is all. But the media is twisting a meeting between a brother and sister", he said referring to reports that Kanimozhi was on a mission to broker peace.
Kanimozhi met Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising Secretary, at his residence on April 7 when she came here to attend a marriage.
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government had stopped "all the good schemes" launched by him here and that corruption had increased manifold after the AIADMK came to power.
To another question Alagiri said "I will participate in the party meetings and functions if the high command directed me to do so".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price