Alagiri downplays his meeting with Kanimozhi
Madurai: Former Union Minister and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday sought to downplay the meeting between him and his sister Kanimozhi, MP, here last week, which came days after showcause notices were issued to some of his loyalsits for not attending party functions.
Allagiri said "my sister has met me...That is all. But the media is twisting a meeting between a brother and sister", he said referring to reports that Kanimozhi was on a mission to broker peace.
Kanimozhi met Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising Secretary, at his residence on April 7 when she came here to attend a marriage.
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government had stopped "all the good schemes" launched by him here and that corruption had increased manifold after the AIADMK came to power.
To another question Alagiri said "I will participate in the party meetings and functions if the high command directed me to do so".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview