Alagiri downplays his meeting with Kanimozhi
Madurai: Former Union Minister and DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday sought to downplay the meeting between him and his sister Kanimozhi, MP, here last week, which came days after showcause notices were issued to some of his loyalsits for not attending party functions.
Allagiri said "my sister has met me...That is all. But the media is twisting a meeting between a brother and sister", he said referring to reports that Kanimozhi was on a mission to broker peace.
Kanimozhi met Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising Secretary, at his residence on April 7 when she came here to attend a marriage.
He alleged that the Tamil Nadu government had stopped "all the good schemes" launched by him here and that corruption had increased manifold after the AIADMK came to power.
To another question Alagiri said "I will participate in the party meetings and functions if the high command directed me to do so".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre