Alagiri goes soft after party`s warning
Madurai: Suspended DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday said he had never worked against the party at any point of time and wondered why the high command had suspended him, hours after it warned its cadres against having any truck with him.
"I have never worked against the party at any point of time and wonder why action was taken against me. I was only trying to set right the `disorder` and `confusion` prevailing in the party," Alagiri, who seemed to have mellowed down after the party cracked the whip, said.
The party issued the warning in the wake of outbursts by him against the party fielding `tainted` leaders and his consultations with his supporters on Monday in Madurai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'