Alagiri goes soft after party`s warning
Madurai: Suspended DMK leader MK Alagiri on Wednesday said he had never worked against the party at any point of time and wondered why the high command had suspended him, hours after it warned its cadres against having any truck with him.
"I have never worked against the party at any point of time and wonder why action was taken against me. I was only trying to set right the `disorder` and `confusion` prevailing in the party," Alagiri, who seemed to have mellowed down after the party cracked the whip, said.
The party issued the warning in the wake of outbursts by him against the party fielding `tainted` leaders and his consultations with his supporters on Monday in Madurai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- 'Madaari' grosses Rs 4.45 crore worldwide on opening day
- One jawan martyred as Army foils infiltration bid in Kupwara, curfew lifted from parts of Valley
- 'Casino Royale' actress Caterina Murino was sleepless over rape cases in India
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' beats Salman Khan's 'Sultan', crosses Rs 40 cr mark on opening day!
- India-Bangladesh border will be secured, says Assam CM Sonowal