Alagiri has only endorsed my stand: Stalin
Madurai: A day after Union Minister MK Alagiri, elder son of DMK chief M Karunanidhi, expressed his unhappiness over neglect of his supporters in organisational posts, especially Youth Wing, his brother and DMK Treasurer MK Stalin said it only proved his off-repeated stand that there was no space for influence in such appointments.
"I have said several times that there is no (scope for) recommendations in the selection of party youth wing office-bearers. The selection was held in a proper manner... Alagiri`s views only endorses my stand," Stalin, who heads the Youth Wing, told reporters here.
In a blunt remark yesterday, Alagiri, DMK`s South Zone organising Secretary, had said he had recommended some names for the office-bearers of party wings, including Youth Wing, but they had not been considered.
Alagiri`s remarks came days after Stalin had met him at his residence here in the backdrop of police hunting for the union Minister`s son in an illegal granite quarrying case.
Stalin also said he and senior party leader TR Baalu would handover the resolutions adopted by the DMK-backed Tamil Eelam Supporters` Organisation (TESO) concerning Sri Lankan Tamils to the UN on November 1 and to the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva on November 3.
Stalin, who earlier met former DMK minister N Periyasamy in the prison here, alleged that the land grabbing case filed against the leader was false and he (Periyasamy) was prepared to face it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley