Alagiri `influenced` police during by-polls: Min
Chennai: Hitting out at Union Minister M K
Alagiri, Tamil Nadu Minister for Cooperation Sellur K Raju
on Monday alleged that he had influenced some police officers in
Madurai during a by-poll there.
"While police was in his father`s (former Chief Minister M
Karunanidhi) control, he (Union Minister) had his own Alagiri`s
police department," the minister said in the state Assembly.
"You may think how come a state minister can talk like this.
But, that was the way he (Alagiri) had influenced the police
in Madurai," Raju, elected from Madurai West constituency in
the April 13 Assembly polls, said.
Before replying to the demands for grants regarding his
ministry in the state Assembly, the Minister said some police
officers had "extended help" to Alagiri by beating up AIADMK
members Madhusudhan and Sampath during bye-elections to
Thirumangalam constituency (in 2009 which DMK won).
In the Lok Sabha polls, many false cases were filed against
AIADMK, the Minister said in the presence of Jayalalithaa.
None of the DMK members were present in the assembly since
the party had taken a decision on August 16 to boycott the
session following "anti-democratic" activities in the floor of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened