Alagiri, Maran meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: DMK ministers MK Alagiri and
Dayanidhi Maran on Monday night met Congress President Sonia Gandhi
and are understood to have discussed the deadlock between the
two parties on issue of seat-sharing issue for Tamil Nadu
The meeting came hours after DMK decided to put on hold
its decision to withdraw all its six ministers, including
Alagiri and Maran, from the union cabinet till Tuesday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
meeting but it is believed that the Alagiri and Maran carried
a message from their party chief M Karunanidhi for Gandhi.
After Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee called
Karunanidhi twice during the day, DMK treasurer MK Stalin had
announced earlier this evening that Congress had asked for a
day`s time to sort out the seat-sharing issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'