Alagiri, Maran meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: DMK ministers MK Alagiri and
Dayanidhi Maran on Monday night met Congress President Sonia Gandhi
and are understood to have discussed the deadlock between the
two parties on issue of seat-sharing issue for Tamil Nadu
The meeting came hours after DMK decided to put on hold
its decision to withdraw all its six ministers, including
Alagiri and Maran, from the union cabinet till Tuesday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
meeting but it is believed that the Alagiri and Maran carried
a message from their party chief M Karunanidhi for Gandhi.
After Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee called
Karunanidhi twice during the day, DMK treasurer MK Stalin had
announced earlier this evening that Congress had asked for a
day`s time to sort out the seat-sharing issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital