Alagiri, Maran meet Sonia Gandhi
New Delhi: DMK ministers MK Alagiri and
Dayanidhi Maran on Monday night met Congress President Sonia Gandhi
and are understood to have discussed the deadlock between the
two parties on issue of seat-sharing issue for Tamil Nadu
The meeting came hours after DMK decided to put on hold
its decision to withdraw all its six ministers, including
Alagiri and Maran, from the union cabinet till Tuesday.
There was no official word on what transpired at the
meeting but it is believed that the Alagiri and Maran carried
a message from their party chief M Karunanidhi for Gandhi.
After Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee called
Karunanidhi twice during the day, DMK treasurer MK Stalin had
announced earlier this evening that Congress had asked for a
day`s time to sort out the seat-sharing issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16