Alagiri meets Rajinikanth, sparks fresh political speculations
Chennai: Suspended Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam (DMK) leader MK Alagiri met Tamil superstar Rajinikanth on Friday fuelling fresh speculations about his immediate political plans and future.
"We were discussing a personal matter," said Alagiri, after meeting Rajinikanth at his residence.
On Thursday, Alagiri had met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh in New Delhi amid speculations that he might be launching his own party very soon.
The Madurai strongman was suspended from the DMK by party supremo M Karunanidhi in January.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!