Alagiri summoned by court in assault case
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri has been summoned to appear in a court here on January 19 in connection with an assault case registered during campaigning for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in April.
Melur judicial magistrate Jayakumar yesterday ordered
issue of summons to Alagiri through Police in connection with
the alleged assault of a tehsildar, officials said today.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, was
holding a meeting of the party men at a village temple near
Melur in connection with the campaign when tehsildar and
Election Officer Kalimuthu ordered it to be videographed
leading to a scuffle, in which the official was injured.
Police had registered cases against Alagiri and 26
others. When the case came up for hearing yesterday, all the
accused barring Alagiri appeared before the magistrate,
following which he ordered issue of summons and directed him
to appear on January 19, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?