Alagiri summoned by court in assault case
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri has been summoned to appear in a court here on January 19 in connection with an assault case registered during campaigning for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in April.
Melur judicial magistrate Jayakumar yesterday ordered
issue of summons to Alagiri through Police in connection with
the alleged assault of a tehsildar, officials said today.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, was
holding a meeting of the party men at a village temple near
Melur in connection with the campaign when tehsildar and
Election Officer Kalimuthu ordered it to be videographed
leading to a scuffle, in which the official was injured.
Police had registered cases against Alagiri and 26
others. When the case came up for hearing yesterday, all the
accused barring Alagiri appeared before the magistrate,
following which he ordered issue of summons and directed him
to appear on January 19, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- VS Achuthanandan has a message for Kerala's new LDF government – Read
- Batla House encounter was not fake: Shivraj Patil
- Ekadanta Sankashti Chaturthi Vrat—Significance, Tithi and Timings!
- Guru Granth Sahib desecration in Faridkot: Provide information, get Rs 10 lakh from CBI - Here are details
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be announced soon