Alagiri summoned by court in assault case
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri has been summoned to appear in a court here on January 19 in connection with an assault case registered during campaigning for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in April.
Melur judicial magistrate Jayakumar yesterday ordered
issue of summons to Alagiri through Police in connection with
the alleged assault of a tehsildar, officials said today.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, was
holding a meeting of the party men at a village temple near
Melur in connection with the campaign when tehsildar and
Election Officer Kalimuthu ordered it to be videographed
leading to a scuffle, in which the official was injured.
Police had registered cases against Alagiri and 26
others. When the case came up for hearing yesterday, all the
accused barring Alagiri appeared before the magistrate,
following which he ordered issue of summons and directed him
to appear on January 19, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre