Alagiri summoned by court in assault case
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri has been summoned to appear in a court here on January 19 in connection with an assault case registered during campaigning for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in April.
Melur judicial magistrate Jayakumar yesterday ordered
issue of summons to Alagiri through Police in connection with
the alleged assault of a tehsildar, officials said today.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, was
holding a meeting of the party men at a village temple near
Melur in connection with the campaign when tehsildar and
Election Officer Kalimuthu ordered it to be videographed
leading to a scuffle, in which the official was injured.
Police had registered cases against Alagiri and 26
others. When the case came up for hearing yesterday, all the
accused barring Alagiri appeared before the magistrate,
following which he ordered issue of summons and directed him
to appear on January 19, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!