Alagiri summoned by court in assault case
Madurai: Union Minister MK Alagiri has been summoned to appear in a court here on January 19 in connection with an assault case registered during campaigning for the Tamil Nadu Assembly elections in April.
Melur judicial magistrate Jayakumar yesterday ordered
issue of summons to Alagiri through Police in connection with
the alleged assault of a tehsildar, officials said today.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, was
holding a meeting of the party men at a village temple near
Melur in connection with the campaign when tehsildar and
Election Officer Kalimuthu ordered it to be videographed
leading to a scuffle, in which the official was injured.
Police had registered cases against Alagiri and 26
others. When the case came up for hearing yesterday, all the
accused barring Alagiri appeared before the magistrate,
following which he ordered issue of summons and directed him
to appear on January 19, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part IV
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Grounds need to be watered, match or no match: Narendra Modi on IPL drought row
- What is Article 50? The key to Brexit
- GER V SVK: Slovakia eye Germany upset in Euro 2016 pre-quarters
- WAL v NIR: Gareth McAuley own-goal sends Wales into Quarter-finals of Euro 2016
- Jharkhand wants 5 more batallions of CRPF to fight Naxals