Alagiri visits DMK leaders in jail
Tiruchirappalli: Union minister and DMK
leader MK Alagiri on Monday visited arrested former ministers
Veerapandi Arumugam and Anitha Radhakrishnan in the central
Arumugam, DMK strongman in Salem region, and Radhakrishnan
have been lodged in the prison since their recent arrest for
alleged land grabbing and an attempt to murder case
Later when reporters asked Alagiri about rumours that the
DMK might not contest the coming assembly by-election to
Tiruchirappalli West constituency, he shot back saying, "Who
told you so? ...Bring him here."
The by-election caused by the death of AIADMK member Mariyam
Pitchai in a road accident is slated to be held on October 13.
Alagiri, son of DMK President M Karunanidhi and party`s
South Zone Organiser, has been visiting party colleagues, who
have been arrested in land grabbing and other cases and lodged
in various prisons across the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok