Alagiri visits partymen in prison
Tiruchirappalli: Union minister M K Alagiri on Wednesday called on former minister and DMK MLA Anitha Radhakrishnan, arrested on attempt to murder charges, at the central prison here.
Radhakrishnan, who won from Tiruchendur Assembly constituency, was arrested on August 10 for allegedly instigating a murder attempt on a DMK functionary.
He was formerly with the AIADMK but had quit it and joined the DMK last year.
Alagiri also met his Madurai-based aide Essor Gopi, who has been lodged in the same prison after his recent arrest in a murder case.
He, however, could not meet his another aide `Attack` Pandi, detained under the Goondas Act in various cases, as visitors for those detained under the stringent act are allowed only on specified days.
Alagiri, who refused to accept shawls and dhotis presented to him by DMK men near the prison, told reporters that he neither wanted `dhoti nor petti (press interview)`.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, has been visiting key DMK functionaries who have been remanded to judicial custody after arrest in land grabbing and other criminal cases in the past three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report