Alagiri visits partymen in prison
Tiruchirappalli: Union minister M K Alagiri on Wednesday called on former minister and DMK MLA Anitha Radhakrishnan, arrested on attempt to murder charges, at the central prison here.
Radhakrishnan, who won from Tiruchendur Assembly constituency, was arrested on August 10 for allegedly instigating a murder attempt on a DMK functionary.
He was formerly with the AIADMK but had quit it and joined the DMK last year.
Alagiri also met his Madurai-based aide Essor Gopi, who has been lodged in the same prison after his recent arrest in a murder case.
He, however, could not meet his another aide `Attack` Pandi, detained under the Goondas Act in various cases, as visitors for those detained under the stringent act are allowed only on specified days.
Alagiri, who refused to accept shawls and dhotis presented to him by DMK men near the prison, told reporters that he neither wanted `dhoti nor petti (press interview)`.
Alagiri, DMK`s south zone organising secretary, has been visiting key DMK functionaries who have been remanded to judicial custody after arrest in land grabbing and other criminal cases in the past three months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what